The festival relies heavily on an amazing crew of volunteers…in short, without their significant contribution, the festival would just not happen!
When it comes to volunteers, the more, the merrier and we would love YOU to volunteer your time to assist on the day…volunteering at the festival shows your support of the festival itself and your community, and allows you a ‘back stage pass’ to the largest one day event in the Central Highlands.
Rosters are drawn up to ensure you get to spend some time on volunteer duties as well as enjoying the festivities and a range of volunteering opportunities are available, including:
- Stage hands – gain experience back stage working to ensure the line-up of entertainment runs according to the plan
- Feedback survey collectors – we have a super short questionnaire for festival patrons to complete – just help’s us grab some info on their festival experience and assists us to plan for future events. Our survey collectors simply guide people through the form
- Photographers’ assistants – working with our experienced photographers and assisting people to fill in photo consent forms will ensure you meet lots of people
- National costume registration desk – people really enjoy the thrill of showing off their national costume but we need to grab their details for them to go into the running to win some of our fantastic prizes
- Information / volunteer check in desk – help festival patrons navigate the festival and assist your fellow volunteers sign in / out and help them choose their meal vouchers (you get one too!)
- Front gate welcome crew – be the welcoming face of the festival and meet and greet people as they arrive at the festival
- Marshalls – help people navigate their way around the festival to ensure they make the most of what’s on offer
Volunteer Sign Up
Click here to complete our online volunteer application form. Note, volunteers under the age of 18 will require parental/guardian consent (forwarded to parent/guardian upon completion of the Volunteer Application Form).
To assist volunteers in preparing for their roles, we strongly encourage attendance at our Volunteer Briefing:
Date: Thursday 25 August
Venue: Wally McKenzie House, Emerald Showgrounds, Capricorn Highway, Emerald QLD
Time: 5:30pm – 6:30pm (drinks and nibbles provided)